Daniel G. Bachrach
John R. Schermerhorn, Jr.
A fully digital program, the new Management, 1/e by Daniel G. Bachrach & John R. Schermerhorn, Jr. creates a new and interactive learning environment. Your course will be transformed into a vibrant, collaborative learning community where you can instantly gauge if students are completing the assigned work and interacting with the assigned coursework and each other. An optional, small print component supplements the experience, but the primary interaction happens with key content and videos within the WileyPLUS course.
Some of the features include:
- Interactive Videos – High quality videos featuring the authors who coach students through various topics using memorable examples and study tips. They converse about important topics with other instructors offering the student the opportunity to listen as they discuss the critical concepts of the course.
- Course Stream – Using WileyPLUS’s Course Stream, students will ask more questions, share more insights, and see how their participation leads to progress via the Course Stream. Students and instructors share ideas, videos, and other outside links right into the Course Stream for all students to benefit.
- ORION – An adaptive tool within WileyPLUS offers students practice on key concepts so they become more confident when tackling higher stakes assessment. As their confidence grows, so does their understanding of the important concepts later in the course. The adaptive nature also frees students from studying material they already know and focuses them on topics where they have less understanding and confidence.
WileyPLUS also features a dynamic new e-textbook for your course—giving you tools to quickly organize learning activities, manage student collaboration, and customize your course.
- Assign activities and add your own materials
- Guide students through what’s important in the e-textbook by easily assigning specific content
- Set up and monitor collaborative learning groups
- Assess student engagement
- Benefit from a sophisticated set of reporting and diagnostic tools that give greater insight into class activity
Through a personalized experience, students create their own study guide while they interact with course content and work on learning activities.
For this Introduction to Information Systems course, WileyPLUS also offers:
- Embedded video player – Allows students to experience the material at their own speed, stopping the video delivery to study graphics and media more closely, and then resuming the lesson when they’re ready. The player also includes an editing tool that allows you to customize your course for students by adding additional questions, comments, and even more video.
- Interactive Chapter Openers – Found in the opener for each chapter, this section includes a special editor that allows instructors to CUSTOMIZE their course by adding their own questions, comments, and even videos. Students are particularly interested in guidance from their instructor, to help them know what will be important in the course. The presentation is a complement to text and in-class learning, or an easier way to flip the classroom or teach online. They include a polling question to ENGAGE students, often by making the topic more personal or by comparing their ideas and preconceptions to those of others, always in a quantitative and anonymous way that leads to further discussion and debate in the system.
1. Introducing Management
2. Management Learning: Past to Present
3. Ethics and Social Responsibility
4. Environment, Innovation, and Sustainability
5. Global Management and Cultural Diversity
6. Entrepreneurship and New Ventures
7. Information and Decision Making
8. Planning Processes and Techniques
9. Control Processes and Systems
10. Strategy and Strategic Management
11. Organization Structures and Design
12. Organization Culture and Change
13. Human Resource Management
14. Leading and Leadership Development
15. Individual Behavior
16. Motivation Theory and Practice
17. Teams and Teamwork
18. Communication and Collaboration