R. Kelly Rainer
Brad Prince, Hugh J. Watson
WileyPLUS with ORION—accompanying MIS, 4/e by Kelly Rainer, Brad Prince, and Hugh Watson—will transform any course into a vibrant, collaborative learning community. You can instantly gauge if students are completing the assigned work, and if they are interacting with the content and each other. With WileyPLUS, you get a real-time snapshot of where students need help so you can diagnose early—before the first exam.
Some of the features include:
- ORION — An adaptive, personal learning experience within WileyPLUS that helps students to find their way as they make new discoveries about how they learn. Highlighting both strengths and problem areas, WileyPLUS is the guide that helps all types of learners to be more efficient with their study time.
- Course Stream — Using WileyPLUS’s Course Stream, students will ask more questions, share more insights, and see how their participation leads to progress via the Course Stream. Students and instructors share ideas, videos, and other outside links right into the Course Stream for all students to benefit.
WileyPLUS also features a dynamic new e-textbook for your course—giving you tools to quickly organize learning activities, manage student collaboration, and customize your course.
- Assign activities and add your own materials
- Guide students through what’s important in the e-textbook by easily assigning specific content
- Set up and monitor collaborative learning groups
- Assess student engagement
- Benefit from a sophisticated set of reporting and diagnostic tools that give greater insight into class activity
Through a personalized experience, students create their own study guide while they interact with course content and work on learning activities.
For this Introduction to Information Systems course, WileyPLUS also offers:
- Video Lessons from co-author Brad Prince of the University of West Georgia begin the process of flipping the classroom to enable instructors to do more with their in-class time. Focusing on the key points from the textbook, these enable students to access additional lecture material right inside their WileyPLUS course.
- Microsoft Office primer workbook that includes step-by-step instructions on many common office tasks as well as brief exercises that reinforce their application.
- Career Center offers students access to career coaching advice and videos as well as the ability to search internship and job opportunities.
1. Introduction to Information Systems
2. Organizational Strategy, Competitive Advantage, and Information Systems
3. Data and Knowledge Management
4. Telecommunications and Networking
5. Business Analytics
6. Ethics and Privacy
7. Information Security
8. Social Computing
9. E-Business and E-Commerce
10. Wireless, Mobile Computing, and Mobile Commerce
11. Information Systems within the Organization
12. Customer Relationship Management
13. Supply Chain Management
14. Acquiring Information Systems and Applications